Uses of this Grant Funding
Funds shall be used to cover only those costs necessary to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency that were incurred during the period from March 1, 2020 to December 30, 2020. The money awarded will go to small business owners and sole proprietors who have been negatively affected by COVID-19. Money from the grants can be used for a number of approved uses.
What are eligible expenses?
- Offsetting the cost of COVID-19 direct response, planning and outreach efforts, including the purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Lost Revenue
- Mortgage Interest
- Utility Bills
- Spoilage-any materials that could not be used due to closures, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) purchases
- Cleaning Supplies
- Unemployment Compensation costs
- Any cost associated with the preparation of the business to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
What are ineligible expenses?
Ineligible expenses include but are not limited to the following:
- Expenses not related to the COVID-19 public emergency.
- Expenses incurred outside of the March 1 to December 30, 2020 timeframe.
- Expenses that have been or will be reimbursed through another federal program or some other funding source.
- Damages covered by insurance.
- Reimbursing donors for donated items or services.
- Employee bonuses other than hazard pay or overtime.
- Severance pay
- Legal settlements
- Any and all expenses associated with expansion.
- Capital projects